80% of people say that if seriously ill, they would want to talk to their doctor about end-of-life care BUT 7% report having had an end-of-life conversation with their doctor (theconverstaionproject.org).
- Less than 50% of severely or terminally ill patients studied had an advance directive in their medical record.
- 12% of patients with an advance directive had received input from their physician in its development.
- Between 65-75% of physicians whose patients had an advance directive were not aware that it existed.
- It is important to share with your physician, family and loved ones your wishes for end of life care.
- Please use the links above to find copies of South Carolina Living Will, South Carolina Health Care Power of Attorney, Five Wishes and LifeStats.
- If you have any questions regarding any of these documents, please contact one of our Social Workers at (864) 326-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.